Access Statement For Howard Lodge Guest House, Carlisle
We aim to cater for the needs of all our guests who visit Howard Lodge. Howard Lodge is a Victorian town house with accommodation situated over 3 floors. We have 6 en-suite bedrooms and 2 non en-suite bedrooms. None of our bedrooms are on the ground floor. The following statement is a summary of our provision.
- We are approx 1/2 a mile from Carlisle city centre - approx 10 min walk.
- We are approx 1/4 of a mile from the bus and train stations.
- There are a number of local taxi services that we can supply numbers for or make booking on your behalf.
- Our website www.howard-lodge.co.uk provides pictures of a selection of our guest bedrooms and has local information and further information on the services we provide.
- You can contact us by telephone or e-mail, please see the 'contact information' section of this document.
Arrival & Car Parking Facilities
- Please advise us of your anticipated arrival time so we can be sure we are here to welcome you.
- We have our own private car park with parking for up to 6-7 cars.
- The car park has a level paved surface with a path leading to the front door, there are 2 steps to reach the front door
- From the main street there are 5 steps to reach the front door.
- The car park is illuminated during the hours of darkness.
- We are able to assist guest with their luggage if required.
- Assistance dogs are welcome and feeding and water bowls can be provided.
Main Entrance & Reception
- Our front door is always locked so entry at check in can be gained by ringing the bell, once checked in guests get their own set of keys to allow them to come and go as they please.
- On arrival guests are required to complete a registration form and are then shown to their room and all our facilities are explained.
- A pad and pen is available in reception.
- Additional sets of room keys are available on request.
- The proprietors are nearly always around and can be contacted, if needed, by a bell in the reception area.
- Seating is provided in our reception area.
Public Areas - General (Internal)
- Our entrance, reception and stairs are all carpeted
- Our dining room is located on the ground floor and is carpeted.
- The first flight of stairs leads to 4 en-suite rooms on the first floor.
- The second flight of stairs leads to 1 en-suite room on the second floor.
- The third flight of (5) stairs leads to the third floor. The landing on the third floor has carpeted flooring. The third floor has one en-suite room and two non en-suite rooms which share one bathroom which is also located on this landing.
Public Areas - WC
- We have one public WC which is located in the reception area on the ground floor.
Restaurant / Dining Room, Bar & Lounges, Take Away & Cafe
- Breakfast is served in the dining room which is located on the ground floor.
- Furniture is flexible and can be moved on request.
- Chairs are without arms.
- A TV is on in the dining room during breakfast, usually with BBC breakfast on.
- A highchair is available.
- Vegetarian diets are catered for.
- Drying facilities are available.
- Washing of clothes can be done but an extra charge does apply for this.
- An iron and ironing board is available on request.
- The nearest laundrette is approx. 2 miles away ( 30-40 min walk or 10 mins in the car )
- There is a Spar shop and a Happy Shopper store within approx 1/4 of a mile.
- 'The Pools' leisure centre has swimming pools, Turkish baths and a gym, it is approx 1/2 a mile away.
- Bitts Park' is approx 1/2 a mile away and has riverside walks, children’s play area, tennis courts, mini golf and refreshments.
- There are a number of golf courses nearby.
- We have single, double, twin and family rooms available.
- There is central heating throughout the house. The temperature of each bedroom is controlled individually by thermostatic controls on the radiators.
- All bedrooms are carpeted.
- All bedrooms have TV with remote control and teletext/subtitles and also a hospitality tray with tea, coffee, hot chocolate etc., hairdryer, clock radio, toiletries and towels.
- The two non en-suite rooms have a wash basin, handwash, shaver light and mirror and hand towel in.
- Bath and hand towels are provided in all rooms.
- A small bookcase with a selection of books for guest use is available on the first floor landing.
Bathroom, Shower-room & WC [En-suite or Shared]
- All bathrooms consist of shower cubical, sink and toilet.
- Shower cubicles are raised from the floor so have a small step up into them.
- The sinks have clear under space.
- All bathrooms have radiators with thermostatic control.
- Disposal bags and extra toilet rolls are provided in all bathrooms.
- Handwash and shower gel are provided in all bathrooms.
- Shaver power points and lights are in all bathrooms.
- The shared bathroom for the two non-en-suite rooms also contains all the above facilities.
- There is a payphone in our reception area.
- A fridge is available for guest use.
- We have a full fire risk assessment in place and an evacuation procedure which is displayed in every guest bedroom.
- A selection of local information is displayed in the reception area, in the dining room and on the first floor landing.
- We are able to advise on medical/dental care, should it be required during your stay.
- Dogs are welcome by prior arrangement.
- Address: 90 Warwick Road, Carlisle, Cumbria, England, CA1 1JU
- Telephone: 01228 529842
- Website: www.howard-lodge.co.uk